To apply for registration as an applicant who already holds teacher registration in an Australian state or Territory, or in New Zealand, you must complete Form B. Form B serves as notification that you want to use the Mutual Recognition Principle to register in the Northern Territory.

It is recommended you read the instructions within Form B thoroughly prior to commencing your application process to determine the specific requirements for your circumstances. Your application will only be accepted by the Board if it is complete, and therefore it is also recommended that you familiarise yourself with the requirements for a complete application, found on the Registration Process page.

Once you have read and completed Form B, prepare all of the required documentation to support your application. This includes obtaining certified copies of your original relevant documents. Form B provides information on how to have your documentation correctly certified.

Once your application is complete, you must provide your application to the Board via the methods outlined in Form B, either in-person or by mail.

If you need assistance with completing your application, or have any queries about the requirements, please contact the Office of the Board.


All applications for registration must be accompanied by the prescribed fee which is comprised of the registration fee for the applicant’s first registration year plus the application processing fee (if applicable). These fees supports the work undertaken by the Board to administer its functions relative to the registration, regulation and improvement of the teaching profession in the Northern Territory.

You are required to pay for a minimum of one year registration when you submit an application for registration, however you may pay your registration fee for up to three years in advance. The application and registration fees must be paid in full in order for your application to be considered complete and accepted by the Board.

The registration fee may be tax deductible depending on your circumstances. Please refer to your Tax Agent or the Australian Taxation Office for more information.